1941 Mack ED Project

1941 ED

So if there is a nicer Grill out there I am interested, if not I can repair mine with 100 hours... so looking for a Grill, headlamps the torpedo ones like the factory photo, I do need 1 good rim for the spare.  I will post some more pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

So more dis assembly which is the easier part to restoration, just starting to count the hundreds of broken bolts that I will have to replace and change out. So this is a picture of the stock accessory for Mack which I am happy to see...special order and it is the shutter system which closes to add additional heater for cold days. This Mack is a special deal for sure Wyoming Truck for someone who had some extra change in 1942 which I think was unusual. The truck also has the fancy front bumper which will look fantastic in a few weeks since I have sent it out for Chrome work

20170121_153923.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I have some updates...working on a few things including the reproduction of the ED Beds. ... I have molds that are for the Hood crest for the small Badge below the Bulldog which is always gone, these tell you what model on the upper center grill. I have them for the E model trucks new chrome etc. I will post up some pics by the weekends end. 

Mack's at my shop awaiting my personal time which they will get this year.

Save a MACK !!

20161122_095657.jpg

• Like 1

Trying to update as much as I can, been super busy tracking down old Macks...so hopefully that is an ok excuse to use here. just got back from Northern California which was  great trip 3 days and a lot of truck stuff. 

Getting this truck stripped down slowly and trying to not break so many bolts, as we know soaking them heat cool etc. has been working just time consuming. 

20170118_162958.jpg

20170118_162337.jpg

20170118_165538.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So this is the second Mack ED pickup which I will make my runner while I restore my 1941, Since I have Mack on the brain, I have learned a lot in the previous months and loving every minute of my adventures. There is something to old vehicles at least for me....takes me away from all of today's 100 mile an hour life style which I do not like so much.  Something about taking the back roads and seeing what you are driving by on the way to where ever. 

Going to repair the bed while working on getting the Flat 6 going, this Grey ED was sold in 1939 to the War Department out of Sacramento California. Pretty much original, looks to be a red truck that was painted Grey and used by the Navy and Army Corp of Engineers.  

20170523_130944 (450x800).jpg

20170523_152046 (450x800).jpg

20170523_153127 (800x450).jpg

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 5:25 PM, yarnall said:

Nice score.  How do you get so lucky?  I can't find one.  

It seems this is my calling for my later years, I am lucky and it seems finally my luck is turning around. It has been a challenging last 10 years for me personally etc. ,but after purchasing my first ED last Fall other things have just happened. I am hoping to make parts that are needed for these and other E model trucks. Working on reproduction wiring looms at an affordable price and using new original cloth wiring, I am a stock guy but of course I dont mind updrades ....along with some other goodies that I will be reproducing . I will be updating as I go here on this thread. 

• 4 years later...