e-9 cylinder head torque specs

gearhead204

Work in an x pattern from the center to the out side   first torque 100  second 170   final  220    firing order  1548--                                                                                                                                                                                                                   6372

Valve set

24 exhaust

intake 16

The markes are on the damper  pointer is on the passenger side behand the ac pump if it has ac.

Valve yoke screw down till the screw touches then two flats  and lock it!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

passenger side  No1 ( forward cyl ) left     8765                  looking down                                                                                                                                                   right                        4321   

order 15486372

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

As a side note I always like to do both heads on each bank at the same time. So do both heads at 100,170, 220 in their respective patterns instead of running one head complete and then the next.  I find when it comes time for re-torquing them they take nothing with this method. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGarofalo said:

As a side note I always like to do both heads on each bank at the same time. So do both heads at 100,170, 220 in their respective patterns instead of running one head complete and then the next.  I find when it comes time for re-torquing them they take nothing with this method. 

Way faster as well :thumb:

• Like 1