2011 MP8 Lightning bolt and Evaluating DEF ECM-4094-1

c-mac

Sometime after making an aftertreatment repair and run a manual regen, The lightning bolt remains on and guard dog states Evaluating DEF quality engine in derate 5 mph limit removed. All dtc's clear out except, ECM-4094-1. stating dtc has to be stored 400 days by law and to put back in service, in a nutshell. normally if the repair took care of the problem the warning would go away in a few hundred miles, and sometimes not, and I'd have to dig deeper. Anyway I'd like to know if there is any way to turn the lightning bolt off and stop the "Evaluating" warning from popping up. Some drivers won't take the trucks out in this condition.

• 2 months later...

hola que tal yo tengo 30 unidades B13R autobús Volvo 9700 en México y casi siempre tengo ESE Problema Cambie los Siguientes Componentes .valvula egr, turbo Cargado y VGT, ecm nuevo y Programado, scr catalitico, filtro de particulado dpf, 2 Sensores de NOx, módulo ahi sistem del inyector 7 y tambien el inyector 7, se han de Hecho Pruebas con el inyector de urea AdBlue, prueba vcr, Sensores de temperatura y DPF de precion, 2 regeneraciones y 2 SUBLIMACION cristales y con Todo eso no se ha quitado el 4094 fmi14 pueden ayudarme 

IMAG0909.jpg

two regens and a crystal sub  burn will turn the light off ( IF ) you repaired the problem And  IF you can get it to regen  we got one right now that wont regen makes to much inlet  heat and shuts down We are suspecting The temp probe is toast or  the top of the cat is plugged!

Will find out today I hate this shit!

So just and update to my comment, after taring into the dpf we found residue from coolant the (unit has also poor starting symptoms)

(Injector cups)  AGAIN forth set for the unit  this is the first unit to clog up the dpf with coolant from an injector cup issue for us however Im sure there  are more out there so beware yet another symptom of the ongoing injector cup battle!

8 hours ago, fjh said:

So just and update to my comment, after taring into the dpf we found residue from coolant the (unit has also poor starting symptoms)

(Injector cups)  AGAIN forth set for the unit  this is the first unit to clog up the dpf with coolant from an injector cup issue for us however Im sure there  are more out there so beware yet another symptom of the ongoing injector cup battle!

We have a problem child truck that is doing that, we found what we thought was the EGR cooler cooler as it was wet, if it comes back I'll look into the cups leaking . The coolant in the exhaust also messed up the $4000 SCR hot box

If it is exhibiting the long crank times and the normal injector cup symptoms definitely go there, the  last one we had like this was the old style coolant cooled 7th injector leaked coolant over a long period of time it biult up powder from the coolant as well on the dpf 

Edited by fjh

21 hours ago, fjh said:

If it is exhibiting the long crank times and the normal injector cup symptoms definitely go there, the  last one we had like this was the old style coolant cooled 7th injector leaked coolant over a long period of time it biult up powder from the coolant as well on the dpf 

don't forget the overflow valve for the extended cranking time. We have over 100 MP8's in our fleet and I know that I've replaced 60 of them. I didn't know the 7th injector could leak coolant into the exhaust. Thanks