vmac 1 injection pump diagram

r686st

I have a 1992 Mack RW613 with an electronic E7-350. It has had power trouble since I bought it used 2 years ago. On the low end it just doesn't have the grunt like my old mechanical 300 and am hoping to help it out by turning the fuel to it or adjusting it so that the rack will open up more in the pump. Can anyone post a diagram of the injection pump with parts breakdown and labels/numbers? I would also like a list of fuel pressures that this setup is suppose to have from the factor so I have a baseline to measure.  I purchased the Blixxton box only to find out that someone had somehow cut the wiring harness and spliced it together with out a deutche plug to install the Blixxton:(  I contacted Bosch and they said they didn't have any information on this style pump and gave me the number to a local shop who I called and the person on the phone said, that place had been out of business for 3 years!!!! Please help because I'm at the end of my rope with this truck.

Edited by r686st

Bud

Is the fault light working?  is it throwing up any codes?  Its possible the( torque limit) switch on the trans is cutting the power back, if its not throwing codes!  check there!  Hard wiring the pump was quite common the plugs tended to give greif! The torque limit switch will cut the power almost exactly in 1/2!  15 psi boost max the engine should produce around 25-30 normally

Edited by fjh

No, fault lights are on and as far as I know there are no codes. I don't have a way to check for codes though. The engine is building the 25-30 pounds of boost. The truck has 4.17 rears and a 9 speed Eaton Fuller transmission. Once you "pop the button" it seems to get up better on the high side than what it pulls on the low side.

It boils down to injectors, cam timing, bigger turbo, and computer programming. My boss had it done to one of our 350's and had it converted to a 427. It's expensive but can be done. It would almost be cheaper to find a used 427 and swap it out. Either way it's gonna cost you about 20 grand. As is, your truck has a good, reliable motor that will get decent fuel mileage, it's just gonna be a bit of a dog off the line, excuse the pun. 

That isn't what I wanted to hear! Dang... What would be affected if I removed the rear of the pump where the governor is located and place a mechanical pedal, linkage and governor mechanism onto my existing pump? Which gauges/sensors/functions would be affected? Wouldn't this allow the truck to pickup better and blow some smoke?

We had a 93 superliner with a 400 electronic e7 . It was always a dog . We ended up downloading a 427  file and putting in bigger injectors and it woke it up. It had more power than our  95  western star with a 425  cat . Back in 01 when we did it it cost maybe  4 grand but everything has gone up so who knows. 

Can anyone tell me what the rail pressure should be on this unit? I took off today and it blew smoke the first few shifts and ran clean and did not have as much power. This is significant because I have never seen it blow black smoke like a mechanical Mack! What would cause the sudden smoke?