2011-2012 mp7 and 8 diesel doser module

aw12345

Any known worthwhile resolution for the prematurely failing diesel doser modules and injectors? On our trucks it seems to be  twice yearly tradition to change these. The older style diesel doser setup is way more reliable and trouble free

I assume your talking about the AHI module. We go through them like crazy too.  I have heard that oil in the air system takes them out quickly. Change you air drier filter once a year is what I'v heard to make them last longer.  Also the emission extended warranty  wont cover the new style AHI module. The had lots of unhappy customers over this.

We are pretty religious about changing air dryer cartridges. Haven't found a single one yet that had oil in it. We have found some that had carbon from the exhaust in the solenoids and ports. Seems like exhaust gas feeds back through the injector

On 8/19/2016 at 8:12 AM, Mackpro said:

Just got a email from Mack today and they have a new AHI module coming out in a few months that is built into the fuel filter housing. We'll see how this goes! Also a 2 speed water pump.

What they need to do is put a proper fuel filter on the frame BEFORE sucking dirty  fuel thru the dollar store fuel line at the tanks and into the cooler plate . Adding more junk to the filter head just complicates the already poor design! 2 speed water pump Great idea  this way we can get rid of the 100 dollar thermostats And replace a 1500 dollar  Behr viscous electrically controlled water pump when it or its module  fails  instead   Electric FANS Next I suppose ! Innovation at its finest!

Edited by fjh