Transmission question

For those of you with more knowledge than I have, a friend has a 13 speed fuller coupled to a 400 Mack and I have an 8LL fuller in my Superliner coupled to my 425 Cat. He had the idea of trading transmissions with me because his other trucks all have the 8LL in them. I like the trans now in my Superliner runs fine just lacks that extra on the hills running loaded. Is there a lot to a swap over if possible.  I have driven his 13 speed and it runs nice. 

It is not a difficult swap, the Fuller has a longer input shaft, and you cannot use the snap ring on the pilot bearing as the input shaft will press forward on the flywheel and take out the thrust washers on the crank. The pilot bearing must be flush with flywheel. 

Might have to swap the bells on the transmissions depending on the rear motor mounts. Drive line length's and that depends on the wheel bases.

Truck Shop

One ping only