Mack Metro-Liner cab / fit 78 R-Model ?

BLAZER STEVE

Question

HI  I am restoring two 1978 r models and would like to know if the cab off a1990 metro-liner mack will fit without too much drama onto a 78 R model. I know the rear cab mounts are different and would the R model bonnet fit, blazer steve australia

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, BLAZER STEVE said:

HI  iam restoring two 1978 r models and would like to know if the cab off a1990 metroliner mack will fit with out too much drama onto a 78 r model i know the rear cab mounts are different and would the r model bonnet fit, blazer steve australia

Steve, I think the cab off a 1990 Metro-Liner would. It has the high-mounted cab with a sloped hood like a Value-Liner.

The later 1990s Metro-Liner that looked like a modernized Kiwi Mack RB, that cab wouldn't work.....that's more the Super-Liner cab with the different side cowl panels.

The Metro-Liner has been sold in many forms over the years. I had to think about it.

Mack Metroliner Wrecking,1990,undamaged,truck,primemover,300hp 9..JPG

Mack Metroliner Wrecking,1990,undamaged,truck,primemover,300hp 9.JPG

Mack Metroliner Wrecking,1990,undamaged,truck,primemover..JPG

Mack Metroliner Wrecking,1990,undamaged,truck,primemover.JPG

no difference mate in the mounting ,just the lower panels have been cut for the set back guards all you have to do is cut the old ones off the 78 and reweld to the metro cab we do them all the time ,piece of piss mate. ks carbel2 our super liner cabs are exactly the same as our r model /value/metro just the val & metro have the lower portion cut off for the 1/4 guards

• Like 2

kscarbel 2 just a quick update the metro 1 cabs all sit low ,the val 6 cyl also sits low just like the r model here in oz .the nz rd cab is sourced from the states it's the same as your superliner cab, nz like oz has a fair bit of say in their design of bonnets and componentry to suit local conditions

• Like 2