Tough month for Volvo in Brazil

kscarbel2

Dagens Industri  /  June 7, 2016

Market registrations of heavy trucks (both imported and locally produced) in Brazil fell 26.0 percent to 1,228 vehicles (from 1,660 units) in May, compared to the same period last year.

Compared with April 2016 (1,297 units), heavy truck sales declined 5.3 percent.

In the semi-heavy truck segment, truck registrations fell 41 percent to 1,114 trucks (from 1,902 units in May 2015). Compared to April 2016, semi-heavy truck sales fell 3.2 percent.

A total of 423 Volvo trucks were registered in May, down 48.5 percent from the same period last year (821 units).

Compared with April 2016 (466 units), Volvo sales declind 9.2 percent.

Of the 466 Volvo trucks sold in May, 315 were in the heavy segment (versus 607 in May 2015), while 108 trucks were in the semi-heavy (versus 214 in May 2015).

Rival truckmaker Scania saw its sales increase with 319 new truck registrations in May, representing a rise of 3.2 percent from the same period last year.

Mercedes Benz heavy truck registrations fell 27.6 percent year on year in April.

MAN's heavy truck registrations declined 8.3 percent.

34 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Sure some of you know I drive a Volvo and it's been in deadline 14 times in the past 10 months.

If I was running a truck (logistics) company in Western Europe, or some other parts of the world, say Singapore or Malaysia, I would consider a Volvo. But in the US......never. All you have to do is listen to what the distributor principals, and veteran sales, parts and service people have to say. 

oh my god,,,i cant believe what a pile of shit this thing is,,its in deadline rite now for front end shaking,,i was in a kenworth for nine years hardy any problems,,,now im stuck in this thing and its always broken,,,,im a company driver so i cant pick what i drive i noticed past couple years company has been buying more kenworths,petes and even freightliners,,,,guess thier getting the message