got my b63 started and running but no oil is coming out of the filter bleed hole i put oil in the filter housing and still no oil is coming out of the bleed hole on top and were does the oil pressure gauge hook up on at the motor my gauge is unhooked so i dont no if i have oil pressure or not i thought maybe the oil is cold so its bypassing the filter it has the big oil filter whitch is a full flow if im correct so maybe its bypassing any help would be great and how much oil does the rearends take my rear rearend has water in it so i need to drain it and the fronts a little low the brownie takes 50wt right and the trans 80/90 correct me if im wrong well thats it for now it sure does run good i think i have a good truck :mack1:

got my b63 started and running but no oil is coming out of the filter bleed hole i put oil in the filter housing and still no oil is coming out of the bleed hole on top and were does the oil pressure gauge hook up on at the motor my gauge is unhooked so i dont no if i have oil pressure or not i thought maybe the oil is cold so its bypassing the filter it has the big oil filter whitch is a full flow if im correct so maybe its bypassing any help would be great and how much oil does the rearends take my rear rearend has water in it so i need to drain it and the fronts a little low the brownie takes 50wt right and the trans 80/90 correct me if im wrong well thats it for now it sure does run good i think i have a good truck :mack1:

I don't know where the sending unit for the oil pressure gauge is on the engine, my truck is parked about 25 miles away so I can't look at it right now. I drained my transmissions and put 80/90 back in them (quadruplex,compound box-same oil) and the rear ends. I thought I needed 140 in the rears, but everybody told me to just use the 80/90 all purpose, so that's what I did.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

What he said on the grease but tell me about this truck and i may have somthing to add but which engine is it and tell me what have you did to the engine if any. You will be looking for a steel line or hose to the gage and no sening unit because it is a manual gage. If this is a 673 engine and the filter has 3 oil lines at the bottom then you may know that there is a special filter that goes in there. If it has oil lines on the bottom have you had them off? glenn

glenn akers

What he said on the grease but tell me about this truck and i may have somthing to add but which engine is it and tell me what have you did to the engine if any. You will be looking for a steel line or hose to the gage and no sening unit because it is a manual gage. If this is a 673 engine and the filter has 3 oil lines at the bottom then you may know that there is a special filter that goes in there. If it has oil lines on the bottom have you had them off? glenn

i found the line to the guage it is disconnected and is on the pass side not sure what engine it is didnt clean the grime off the engine number yet i took the clamp off the top of the oil filter housing it was bone dry filled it with oil to the top with the filter in it put the top back on the plug is in the top right in the middle but now that i think about it that plug is above the t bolt that holds the filter in and i think that tbolt seals that plug off because when i had the cover off on the inside of the cover there is a tube under the plug and the top of the t bolt sits in it when you put the top on but back to what i have done i drained the tank put fresh diesel in it got the primer working dumped the filter housing out pumped up diesel to the pump checked the rack filled the oil filter up and started it it ran just fine went to the oil filter lossened the plug and no oil and shut it down and thats that

i found the line to the guage it is disconnected and is on the pass side not sure what engine it is didnt clean the grime off the engine number yet i took the clamp off the top of the oil filter housing it was bone dry filled it with oil to the top with the filter in it put the top back on the plug is in the top right in the middle but now that i think about it that plug is above the t bolt that holds the filter in and i think that tbolt seals that plug off because when i had the cover off on the inside of the cover there is a tube under the plug and the top of the t bolt sits in it when you put the top on but back to what i have done i drained the tank put fresh diesel in it got the primer working dumped the filter housing out pumped up diesel to the pump checked the rack filled the oil filter up and started it it ran just fine went to the oil filter lossened the plug and no oil and shut it down and thats that
Does the filter have two big and one little hose at the bottom? Or does it have two #6 hoses on the bottom and have you had then loose or disconnected? And do you rememnber what filter # you put in it. The one with the three lines would be a 236GB311A and the other filter # would be somthing like 500 somthing.

glenn akers

Does the filter have two big and one little hose at the bottom? Or does it have two #6 hoses on the bottom and have you had then loose or disconnected? And do you rememnber what filter # you put in it. The one with the three lines would be a 236GB311A and the other filter # would be somthing like 500 somthing.

it has two lines that go into the side of the block about the size of 1/2 inch fuel line and i didnt disconnect the lines or loosen them i left the filter it had in it i think it said ac on it didnt see the number im thinkn its a bypass filter is why i dont get oil out the plug on top

Ok then you have a by pass filter and first it ant going to hurt the engine for now if you dont get it to flow oil out of it. make sure you have oil pressure is the main thing. I would put a good gage on it that has been proven to be good and if you have pressure then find out which line is pressure on the 4 bolt pad on the side off the block by take one line off and cranking the engine for awhile with the stop pulled. When you find the pressure line out of the block then it goes to the fitting in the bottom that is not in the center of the filter. The fitting in the bottom of the filter that is in the middle of the filter is lined up with the center up right stand that has the T handle in it will go to the return of the engine and that only dropes oil to the oil pan and not to a brg. There should be a check valve in one of the fittings in the bottom of the filter to get oil in it when no running. There can be a problem there and if the lines are crossed then it cant get oil to the filter.

glenn akers