Navistar partner JAC introduces new flagship heavy tractor

kscarbel2

May 11, 2016  /  360 Truck

Navistar’s “Global Operations” partner JAC recently displayed an all-new high-cab heavy truck concept.

The flagship tractor concept, codenamed “Crossing", will feature high-power engines including the 11.8-liter Cummins ISG and 11.6-liter Weichai WP12, available with a ZF AS Tronic automated manual transmission (AMT).

The cab is fully air suspended, as are the rear drive axles.

Other details remain sparse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The $3 million question......did Navistar provide JAC with design assistance on this project, as they have with existing Class 8 models? If so, that would indicate Navistar’s current engineering staff has what it takes to design a modern, competitive global market COE in year 2016.

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (1).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (2).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (5).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (6).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (7).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (8).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (9).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (10).jpg

HFC4251P1K6E33ZF (11).jpg

It is hard to believe that it wasnt that long ago China had Tianamen Square massacre I just Googled it 1989 only seems like yesterday to me, it was only 12 months before that at Expo 88 in Brisbane China announced to the world it wanted to become the world power house and we (the rest of the world sat back and laughed) shows what you can achieve if you all work together 

I remember watching maybe 60 minutes and they were building power stations at a astronomical rate something 5 times quicker than the western world and all done with bugger all machinery they showed footage of them carrying the cement in cane baskets pouring the footings amazing China really caught us sleeping 

Sorry way of topic but this truck looks so modern and thats just over 25 years ago WOW  Im getting old 

Paul

45 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It is hard to believe that it wasnt that long ago China had Tianamen Square massacre I just Googled it 1989 only seems like yesterday to me, it was only 12 months before that at Expo 88 in Brisbane China announced to the world it wanted to become the world power house and we (the rest of the world sat back and laughed) shows what you can achieve if you all work together 

I remember watching maybe 60 minutes and they were building power stations at a astronomical rate something 5 times quicker than the western world and all done with bugger all machinery they showed footage of them carrying the cement in cane baskets pouring the footings amazing China really caught us sleeping 

Sorry way of topic but this truck looks so modern and thats just over 25 years ago WOW  Im getting old 

Paul

Not really off topic Paul. Your correlation is dead on.

Anyway, you are always a fountain of knowledge and interesting thoughts. I look forward to all your posts. Thank you

BTW, JAC's light truck range is virtually as good as the Japanese units, and available with the Cummins 3.8-litre ISF  (http://jacen.jac.com.cn/showroom/n-series.html).