Chinese truckmaker launches new high-end conventional - US market next?

kscarbel2

Looks like a Volvo/ Cat mix.  Looks like it is running disc brakes  from can position. Quality looks on par with the Mexican build units too.

Vlad think of the names Subaru Justy, Toyota Laputa  and the Honda DUNK 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎16‎-‎4‎-‎2016 at 3:01 AM, kscarbel2 said:

Via Renault Trucks Components Partnerships, it all started with them importing Kerax vocational in CKD form. But that means being too expensive and impractical, and with attention shifted more to on-highway tractor (prime movers), it evolved into a Premium hybrid with local production. Today's truck is far from a Premium, essentially a self-design.

you can see on the pictures that de cab have not a flat floor because it is based on the Renault Premium coe.

Though we're seeing that China is reining in overloading, most Chinese tractor-trailers still run at 45 to 60 metric tons. Thus, operating in the US market at a mere 36.3 metric tons (80,000 lb), these trucks would be on permanent holiday. With high quality and technology nowadays from the leading truckmakers, the market's leading trucks are comfortable, durable and high-performing.

The T7's floor is raised, ever so slightly, in the middle. I have no problem with that. I call it virtually flat (like a Scania). I'm not obsessed with the literally flat floor cab. They could easily raise the cab and completely flatten the floor, but with entry and exit in mind, I think the cab's height is perfect as is.