Problems after refilling my coolant after radiator repair?

Keffer inc

Hey everyone. I had a tiny leak up high where the upper hose connects to the radiator. So I drained all the coolant and made my repair with JB Weld. But now I refilled the coolant and while idling to check for leaks and to make sure the're are no more problems, my truck is running hot. Temp gets about halfway to red. Coolant remains full, truck temp is hot, the heater core is cool, the radiator and lower hose connecting to the oil cooler is cool. Upper hose is hot, oil cooler is hot. I disconnected the heater core hose to check for an air pocket, but only got hot coolant. Any Ideas? I'm working on my 1999 Mack CH613 with the 355/380HP E7.

I did the repair myself, no rags where stuck in the radiator. I did run the truck without the cap (cap on bottle mounted to the firewall, No radiator cap on Rad itself.) Is that maybe where I went wrong? I'm waiting for the truck to cool off to try with the cap on to see if it needed 10+ psi to build up or something. I also have a radiator testing kit where I could pressurize the system with a hand pump?