coolant filter issue

68-f-model

I am having issues finding a replacement coolant filter for my 237. The one that came off it is to rusted to see any part numbers. The issue is I tried the Mack 25MF435B (WIX 24428) which has smaller threads than the WIX 24429 yet the threaded hole is still to large.

Was there an even smaller threaded coolant filter for some of these engines? If so anyone have a part number?

Thanks

post-19181-0-71596500-1444413496_thumb.j

post-19181-0-93202100-1444415452_thumb.j

That is what I am working on but my parts stores are not the greatest.

A second question is there such a thing as to much conditioner in a coolant system?

I ask because the filter I have hopefully narrowed it down to comes in multiple heights and conditioner content from 4.8 oz to 14.4 oz.

Once you find the thread size, buy an uncharged filter and refill the system with the pink pen ray type napa coolant. It is precharged to correct sca levels, no guesswork. It is an ethelene glycol formula like the green stuff so it will be compatible with all your existing seals and orings. The extended life red is usually an organic acid type propelyne glycol that won't be as friendly to all existing seals and orings assuming they've been ran with green coolant all these years.

I've been through all that with a c12 cat that had always had elc. After new water pump and radiator were installed, I flushed it real good and switched to green for the sake of better availability. The green got my oil cooler seals. After oil cooler was corrected, all was great, but man what a pain.

It had really really old green it it when I got it so when I drained to to replace the water pump, thermostat and all the hoses I replaced it with fresh new green. I also got the largest coolant filter with conditioner they had it has 12 oz or so conditioner. What will I hurt if I use this set up for a while before draining and changing over to red coolant?