Some Mack Firetruck Pictures

Mack CF

When I was in college I ran with the fire department in town. Just before I graduated they bought a new pumper and man the pictures dont do it justice :D Just a sweet truck. Now they have 2 mack pumpers One R modle and the new one they surre look seewt side by side :D

I rode in the back of this truck a couple times, sure was a nice ride. This is the truck that I learned how to pump on it sure ad a nice sound under load :D

They got this 2 weeks before I left, the closest I got to a ride was sitting in the drivers seat to discuss how the mirrors were blocked by the oficer seat :( I;m sure they have put a few miles on her by now, just wish I were still there to see it :D

They had both custom built,the new one took just about a year to complete, all good things take time :D The depertment has bought the last few trucks custom bilt on Mack chasies, the only exection is the lader truck. They wanted to go with a pete, but it didnt have the ground clearance that they need to get back on some of the back roads in town, Personally I prefer the Mack :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate

You could probably post all of your pics in your gallery. Every member of BMT has one.

Great pics, all fire trucks are great but Mack apparatus just have that something extra. Will have to get that new Mack fire truck book by Iconografix.

I may have some pics of a Type 75 that lives here in Western Australia. Saved a town called Dwellingup back in the '60s so much loved by that town which still looks after it. Her sister now exists as a rolling chassis with good condition engine (no body or tin work) about 3.5 hours south of here in a small town where I used to work. I offered to work on it and hunt down parts but was never taken up on it. Drop me an email to remind me to send you the pics.

Cheers

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries