Cab To Sleeper Seal On R Model

I'm redoing an 85 R688ST. It's got a Double Eagle 36" bunk on it. I'm having trouble finding a new seal that goes between the cab and it. There is about 4" or so between them. It had flat rubber on it originally. I would like to put a bellows type back if possible. Can anyone lend some help with this problem? Thanks guys

I'm redoing an 85 R688ST. It's got a Double Eagle 36" bunk on it. I'm having trouble finding a new seal that goes between the cab and it. There is about 4" or so between them. It had flat rubber on it originally. I would like to put a bellows type back if possible. Can anyone lend some help with this problem? Thanks guys

I got a boot for my B, 4-5 years ago at Double Eagle and they had both kinds the phone# 1 800 227-4121 Shipshewana,IN. they build the one of the finest sleepers on the market.

My Dad had Double Eagle "recondition" a 36" for his 87' R model, and had them install it. The seal you are speaking of only lasted a few years, and they were of no help in coming up with a replacement one. We thought that bellows type would be best , but we could not find one the right size. The quality of their "recondition" was piss poor. They forgot about all the sleepers they put on R models back in the day. It seems to me they only want to deal with show trucks. Thanks, Brad

My Dad had Double Eagle "recondition" a 36" for his 87' R model, and had them install it. The seal you are speaking of only lasted a few years, and they were of no help in coming up with a replacement one. We thought that bellows type would be best , but we could not find one the right size. The quality of their "recondition" was piss poor. They forgot about all the sleepers they put on R models back in the day. It seems to me they only want to deal with show trucks. Thanks, Brad

may be able to offer my two cents worth in here Stork , replaced my Cab to Bunk "seal " for want of a better term almost 6 years ago an used a fabric backed vynal material ( used here in Aust for fabric ute bed " Tarps " but assume you guys have " Curtain Sided Trailers ( Tautliners ) or even synthetic open top ( FlatTop ) Tarpaulin materiel will work jus as fine an outlasts rubber by a huge degree due to that fabric having Ultraviolet blockers in its construction. Get your Trim Shop or tarp manufactuer to stich you up a Loose Sock or band that will span space between cab and bunk allowing movement of two ( even more so if Bunk is mounted to frame independant of Cab ) with width including material to fit under aluminium moulding on both cab and bunk. Ensure joint or overlap is at bottom of opening to elimminate any chance of water ingress. When i did mine i had it done in two layers back to back so coloured " outside " of material was on inside of opening and other layer was facing outside. Doing it this way you can colour outside in colour of truck exterior an inside you can choose something that will come close to matching interior colour. Lastly i ran a small bead of ( Butylmastic ) NOT SILICONE !! at portion where fabric and bodywork touch to ensure a good seal and to keep dirt an debris from weakening weatherseal of said ( seal ) if you wish i can measure mine up for you

James

Sorry I haven't replied lately, been burning the midnight oil. Sounds like a good idea to have a tarp material made to replace my seal. Should be tough stuff. And still a bunch cheaper than $150 seal that Double Eagle quoted me . Outrageous for a flat piece of rubber! I think I might give it a try, Thanks for all help.