Air Compressors:

Rob

A guy was by the shop this evening looking at my V8 R-795 and said he had a freshly rebuilt Midland compressor for a Mack engine that I could have if it could be used. I've only been around Bendix compressors but the one on this Mack needs valve work I suspect. It is very slow to make air but does not pass oil. The air escapes back through the inlet port slightly also.

Is there only a single Mack flange mounting for both the V8's, and inline engines or are they different? Is there plumbing differences to make the different compressor work?

I don't want to take it off his hands if I can't use it.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

Most compressors have the same two ports, the delivery and the unloader port. I have only seen one compressor from bendix that for some reason needs an inversion valve (like a logic NOT gate) to properly operate the compressor. I would take it as I am not sure if they even make the V8 flanges anymore.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

If that is a bendix that is on it now that is leaking back then you should be able to get a unloader kit and a discharge vale kit and i think that is called a feid service kit and you can put it in with out pulling tha compressor off. It may be be a tuflow 500. A tuflow 501 will replace it.

glenn akers

If that is a bendix that is on it now that is leaking back then you should be able to get a unloader kit and a discharge vale kit and i think that is called a feid service kit and you can put it in with out pulling tha compressor off. It may be be a tuflow 500. A tuflow 501 will replace it.

Hi Glenn, it is a tu-flo 500. I will look into a service kit tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The 673 I have has a tu-flo 500. That compressor design has been around for decades and parts should be very easy to come by.

I picked up both kits yesterday and will make it a project this weekend. My earlier post today in the wouldn't make air is the motivation to get this problem licked.

I have the Midland compressor here and will try it this weekend also. I've got two other V8 Mack engines so it is bound to be used someplace.

Thanks,

Rob