Newest Guy has Two Questions

theschwede

Hello - I am new to the group. I own 4 Macks; a 1989 Superliner, a 1987 DM, a 1996 RB and a 1997 RB. Looking for a little help please. Anyone know if you can turn a EM7 300 into a 350 or 400, and leave the 6 speed in the truck? Thanks! Tom

Welcome. We have an e-7 300 mechanical we turned up the pump settings, and 350 injectors, not sure if they were the same as the 300's. It pulls awesome now, still has the original turbo. As for the six speed it can take a lot of power. There is a lot of experts on here that can tell you the specific differences of the engines.

Thank you both for replying...... Wasn't sure if I had to change crank shaft dampner for the timing on a 350. As far as the transmission, I knew it would handle the torque/horsepower, but was concerned with over fueling between gears.

Yes the EM7 300 is a 1750 RPM engine. Truck will not pull 73,000 lbs over 45 mph. If I pull pump and injectors thinking its a good time to upgrade. Concerned with the steps in the 6 speed. Might have to change trans to a 9 or 13 speed. Don't want to waste money unnecessarily. Believe the truck has a 502 gear ratio. Working on pictures.