Ln 800 Ford:

Rob

Today I cut up a 87 LN800 series Ford straight truck. There was no sheet metal or engine/trans, just a rolling frame and axles. The air brake rear axle is a Spicer with 5.13:1 ratio. The springs front and rear appear to be good. The truck was a fertilizer spreader so sheet metal was rotted badly. It also has power steering and the gear is good.

If anyone could use something let me know within the next week. The hubs front and rear a Budd style with ball seat wheels.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

One thing I forgot to ask: This truck had a 534 V8 Ford engine with a small nine speed Fuller behind it. There are no tags as it rotted off. Any idea as to what series it may be? The trans is good, but much too small to put behind any real strong torque.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

One thing I forgot to ask: This truck had a 534 V8 Ford engine with a small nine speed Fuller behind it. There are no tags as it rotted off. Any idea as to what series it may be? The trans is good, but much too small to put behind any real strong torque.

Thanks,

Rob

If it had a 534 it was a 900, not an 800. I know you said the sheet metal was gone, but for what its worth, if it had a short cab-90 BBC- it would be an LN-900. If it had a long cab-106" BBC, it would be an L 900

If it had a 534 it was a 900, not an 800. I know you said the sheet metal was gone, but for what its worth, if it had a short cab-90 BBC- it would be an LN-900. If it had a long cab-106" BBC, it would be an L 900

Thanks, I really don't know exactly what it was as I purchased it for the 1710 series driveline that was basically new, and long. Needed the shafting for my B-61 that is getting re-framed and lengthened.

What ultimately did this truck in was a carb backfire setting everything ablaze.

Thanks again,

Rob