Please Help Me Identify This Front Clip

What do we have here?  

1. 1. What model is it?

2. 2. What year is it?

3. 3. What is it's value

I found this out back in the shed, I am sure someone could use this in a restoration, the radiator is spotless, no rust and very clean and doesn't leak, one headlight ring is bent, but it is complete with the bulldog.

Problem is, I have searched for something similar to compare it's value, our first wrecker was a B52,

I believe this may have been something my grandfather kept in his "spare mack parts inventory."

First,I would like to properly identify it

Second, I would like to know the proper value of it.

Thank You for your help

post-2513-1218640780_thumb.jpg

post-2513-1218640814.jpg

I'm no expert - but you don't seem to be getting much help with your question -

so I'll wing it.

The front sheet metal appears to be from a small B model. (B-20, B-42, B-52 etc.)

It probably is interchangeable with the B-61 and B-67, though I really have never tried it.

The radiator support, radiator and shell are fairly common - but don't forget -

new ones cannot be had, so they do have a value.

The ornamentation looks pretty straight, and is indeed getting harder to come by in good condition.

This looks like it might use rechroming to be show quality, which is very expensive.

The passenger side headlight panel is pretty nice. The driver's side needs some work, obviously.

Now for the really big guess,

I might ask $250.00 or $300.00 for the parts, with the offer to palletize and assist with loading on

a freight carrier's truck. The buyer should pay shipping. Someone, somewhere probably really needs it.

The worst that can happen is no one buys it, and you rethink.

If possible to do, I think these things sell better at a show where we can see and touch the part.

Retailers call it "impulse buying". Our wives call it something else entirely different.

Good Luck.

Paul Van Scott

I'm no expert - but you don't seem to be getting much help with your question -

so I'll wing it.

The front sheet metal appears to be from a small B model. (B-20, B-42, B-52 etc.)

It probably is interchangeable with the B-61 and B-67, though I really have never tried it.

The radiator support, radiator and shell are fairly common - but don't forget -

new ones cannot be had, so they do have a value.

The ornamentation looks pretty straight, and is indeed getting harder to come by in good condition.

This looks like it might use rechroming to be show quality, which is very expensive.

The passenger side headlight panel is pretty nice. The driver's side needs some work, obviously.

Now for the really big guess,

I might ask $250.00 or $300.00 for the parts, with the offer to palletize and assist with loading on

a freight carrier's truck. The buyer should pay shipping. Someone, somewhere probably really needs it.

The worst that can happen is no one buys it, and you rethink.

If possible to do, I think these things sell better at a show where we can see and touch the part.

Retailers call it "impulse buying". Our wives call it something else entirely different.

Good Luck.

Paul Van Scott

To build on Pauls' input:

I would put it in the 1960-1965 time frame of build. It has the later style shutters, (eleven blades as opposed to thirteen), aluminum headlamp bezels, and plastic marker lamp lenses, (which could be replacements on this part).

To the best of my knowledge, it will interchange from the smallest of the B series of truck to the B-6X series without problems. If the radiator is from an original gasoline powered unit, it will be smaller in core thickness than a diesel was. This appears to be from a diesel engine equipt truck, or tractor.

Pauls' estimate of value is probably retail, "on target". You would need to find someone needing the parts rather than someone wanting a "spare" or as suggested a show display. My wife refers to that type of purchase as "WOGMAR". Shipping that unit complete would be very expensive and the older radiators need padded exceptionally well to prevent breakage in shipment due to age.

"WOGMAR" stands for "waste of good money again, Robbie".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

To build on Pauls' input:

I would put it in the 1960-1965 time frame of build. It has the later style shutters, (eleven blades as opposed to thirteen), aluminum headlamp bezels, and plastic marker lamp lenses, (which could be replacements on this part).

To the best of my knowledge, it will interchange from the smallest of the B series of truck to the B-6X series without problems. If the radiator is from an original gasoline powered unit, it will be smaller in core thickness than a diesel was. This appears to be from a diesel engine equipt truck, or tractor.

Pauls' estimate of value is probably retail, "on target". You would need to find someone needing the parts rather than someone wanting a "spare" or as suggested a show display. My wife refers to that type of purchase as "WOGMAR". Shipping that unit complete would be very expensive and the older radiators need padded exceptionally well to prevent breakage in shipment due to age.

"WOGMAR" stands for "waste of good money again, Robbie".

Rob

glad you cleared that "wogmar" thing up-could easily be changed to "wogmat" or even "wogmap". Pass that on to Kathy for Paul. :lol:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

glad you cleared that "wogmar" thing up-could easily be changed to "wogmat" or even "wogmap". Pass that on to Kathy for Paul. :lol:

The most simple equation around my place is "Mack = Wogmar".

This of course, is according to my wife.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Glad to know I'm not alone in my home criticism.

Thanks Rob- I didn't know about the difference in shutter count.

Are the headlight panels the same in the whole B-model line with the

radiator shell vs. the exterior hard tank style?

And the radiator is the same (at least it looks like it in the photo) as my B-diesel radiators.

This looks like a nice piece.

Paul VS