Installing CRD 93 - when bolts line up ring gear is touching housing and won't seat.

I'm trying to put a rebuilt carrier in a Mack - since they're sideways it looked like it'd be easier, but this is strange. I've only dealt with Dana and Rockwells before, so never ever one of these sideways ones, and I put it in the case, but when I line up the bolt holes there is a gap between the carrier and the housing and it feels like the ring gear is contacting the bottom of the housing. It's a CRD 93 rebuilt by the same rebuilder that did it last time, so I'm doubting that they made a mistake with the parts. I know with some of the other rears you have to rotate the yoke a little bit to seat the carrier and then close the gap by putting in the bolts and tightening them, but this is literally vertically dropping down, so I'm guessing that's not it. I know it can't be right for the gear to run on the housing or it would tear it open and the place I work won't get the service manuals so I can look these kinds of questions up, so I always have to ask them online and hope for an answer. Am I missing some little step or something to line this in?

The end of the main cap that holds the carrier together sits in 4 steel supports that helps to keep it moving around. it is a snug fit, I install the bolts and tighten them down even and when it is perfectly level it should drop in. use some good silicone when you put it together.