Clutch no pedal, now won't stat

HES

I'm going to try and explain this as easy as possible...

2000 RD688s 460 E7 13SP maxitorque.

Ran the truck for solid 2 hours first thing in the morning and after my 2nd load i notice the bed not going all the way up. Check the hydro fluid to see its a bit low, fill it up and proceed with the dump.

Truck is idling no problems, go to depress the clutch and slide into reverse and noticed a little more effort to get it into gear. Slides into reverse then then start backing up, have to stop so depress clutch again and BAMMMM. Load noise from trans im guessing and clutch has no pedal and now stuck in reverse and can't get it Out of reverse. Drifting back slowly and can't stop with brakes so i shut the truck down.

Truck is shut down with no clutch pedal at all.... suspect pressure plate blew apart. So finally get the driveline unloaded by pushing slightly with my loader and get it into neutral. Try to start and it starts and runs for 10 seconds then dies. Does this a few times and Notice no throttle pedal at all. Also.notice no Lightning bolt light either. What the heck happened???

Well, I would start with looking at the clutch cable. I've never had a pressure plate swarm but I've been around several broken clutch cables and blown up throw out bearings. As for the electrical problems, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Jake

sounds like several issues, look real close at the bell housing area did something fly thru the housing and damage the wiring harness? have some one else depress the clutch while you look for the lever to move at the clutch shaft if lever and rod move, remove inspection cover at bottom of bellhousing aand look for damaged parts.

• Like 1

I had a guy push on the clutch while i looked through the inspection port. Everything looks to be moving ok. Can't tell if pressure plate springs are moving but judging on pedal pressure there is Nothing there. Checked all around for Broken parts and nothing.

Would no lightning bolt light be a problem and how do I use the override button to atleast try to get the load dumped.

you just hold the override till your done then let go and it will shut down, if the override doesnt work to keep it running there is another issue. Im guessing from your post it restarts no problem and being a 2000 this is an ETECH so you have a couple computers to deal with, one in the kick panel and one on the engine. If you can see the clutch fork moving when looking inside the inspection cover but no pedal effort then yeah the clutch probably popped, gonna have to take the trans out and see whats up.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"