performance muffler? 6 inch tip too big?

So i got my new rear exhaust pipe from mack the other day. I am going to get it ceramic coated since they don't offer the chrome or aluminum finish anymore. Cheapest i could get the pipe for was 479.00 It is the stock 4 inch pipe which will be going into a 4 ID muffler and either a 5 inch outlet or a 6 inch outlet for my exhaust tip. Would a 6 inch Tip look out of place? It will have a chrome muffler, I will still use the muffler shield to add the look of bulkness which is why i feel a 6 inch tip will look cool. Also, what is the real difference between a regular muffler and a ( performance one) . I hear that you can get up to .25 mpg better with a performance one and maybe it sounds just a tad better? I don't want straight pipe. I prefer to hear the sound of the turbo.

The truck is a mack RD and i think they only look good with the curved tip? I was thinking of going with a 6 inch slash cut because i have a bucket that i can put over the pipe when im done working to prevent water getting in.

Or is the curved pipe in 5 inches the way to go? I have never really seen an RD with anything other than curved pipe. Any got pics or ideas? thanks

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Personally I like a 5" straight with flapper (ting ting ting) but a curved stack is the best. Are you pulling a van trailer or flat bed. If van, you will need a stack tall enough to exit near the top of the trailer roof. If flat bed, short curved stack just above the roof line. But it is your truck so do what YOU like.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"