Value-Liner/Super-Liner questions

I was hoping someone would be able to help me identify the numbered parts in the picture attached. It's for my Value-Liner scale model project but it looks like the layout is the same for early Superdogs as well.

1 and 2 look to me like brake valves of some sort but I don't know exactly what type. 1 seems to be attached to the cab footwell and 2 is mounted on the cab mount. 3 is a hose coming out of the underside of the radiator top tank but I don't know what it does or where the other end goes to. 4 I have no idea at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-10557-0-34917400-1425993645_thumb.j

I can't clearly see 1 and 2

3 is your radiator hose from the top of the radiator and it Most likely hooks back into the water system down Near the oil cooler hose exit.

4 is your clutch cable.

Thanks for that info. Does that clutch cable loop round to the side of the clutch housing?

I've got a slightly better resolution picture which gives a better view of 1 and 2. I think 2 looks like a quick release valve but I don't know about 1. There's also another pic from the other side with 5 and 6 labelled (5 is the hose coming of the intake pipe). Could you tell me what these are?

Thank you.

post-10557-0-95954600-1426078520_thumb.j

post-10557-0-47008400-1426078539_thumb.j

It looks like 1 and 2 are air brake valves? I cant see where the lines connect to? It is possible that 1 could be a fuel warmer? It looks like a coolant hose runs to it? My RS does not have front brakes or a fuel warmer so it may be missing these parts?

The clutch cable loops back under the cab and mounts to the bell housing/clutch linkage.

5. That is the air intake hose for the air compressor.

6.that is the engine oil filler tube.

Thanks again. I've just been poring over a bendix catalogue and I think I've got 1. it looks like a front axle ratio valve. What does that do? I've got several air system drawings for 3 axle trucks but can't see one of those. Trouble is, they are all different so I think I'm going to have to make a lot up when it comes to putting in all the lines. lucky it isn't a real truck!

Also, do you know where the air dryer goes? I've looked at loads of photos but cannot see one. Thanks.

I suspected air brake valve for the front. up until the late 70s? tractor/trucks did not require front brakes. I think it was an option until the government mandated them on all trucks. I sure wish my RS700 Had them because it makes a huge difference having front brakes when bob tailing in the rain or snow.

The front axle ratio valve limits how much brake pressure you have sent to the steer axle. Basically it prevents the front axle from skidding during a hard stop. older trucks such as a B model mack had a dash mounted switch that kind of did the same thing as the valve in your pic.

most air driers I have seen on R models were located on the passenger side out side frame rail behind the fuel tank. this is where mine was located from the factory. I have since relocated it to the inside of the frame rail just to hide it.

Just had another look at photos and managed to spot a few air dryers. Seems there were various locations and styles. but inside of frame rail behind the cab looks like one. I've made a replica of a Bendix AD-SP and will probably put it in this location.

Thanks again. I'll try to get some pictures of the build soon.