Frame Swap

Well guys, I'm looking for a few opinions. I have a single axle B with 35,000 lb single rear axle. (RAD 111). I bought a tandem B-61 for the cab, but after looking at it, the engine is better then in my single axle plus its a quad box. In addition, even though its a tandem, except of course for the cross members, the frame rails are the same and the cab-axle dimensions are the same.

I'm thinking, instead of pulling the engine/trans and the cab from the tandem, I perhaps should pull the big axles/wheels off the single axle and put them under the tandem. Biggest concern is redrilling the frame. As it was a tandem, it has plenty of holes associated with the center cross members. Plus the 35,000 lb rear from the single has torque rod hangars that would also have to be drilled out.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well guys, I'm looking for a few opinions. I have a single axle B with 35,000 lb single rear axle. (RAD 111). I bought a tandem B-61 for the cab, but after looking at it, the engine is better then in my single axle plus its a quad box. In addition, even though its a tandem, except of course for the cross members, the frame rails are the same and the cab-axle dimensions are the same.

I'm thinking, instead of pulling the engine/trans and the cab from the tandem, I perhaps should pull the big axles/wheels off the single axle and put them under the tandem. Biggest concern is redrilling the frame. As it was a tandem, it has plenty of holes associated with the center cross members. Plus the 35,000 lb rear from the single has torque rod hangars that would also have to be drilled out.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

you can fill the holes , i have filled hole if it is a single frame. You get you a blck of brass and use on the other side of the frame as a back stop and use a mig and fill holes and grind and then take a rose bud and heat to a pale red and let cool.

glenn akers

you can fill the holes , i have filled hole if it is a single frame. You get you a blck of brass and use on the other side of the frame as a back stop and use a mig and fill holes and grind and then take a rose bud and heat to a pale red and let cool.

Theak

They are both double frames