1957 International IHC 372 Red Diamond Engine

nasty51ford

Rebuilt 1957 372 International Red Diamond. I got this engine from my partner years ago, he had rebuilt it back in the late 70's or early 80's, when he lived in Tennessee (in central Florida now) it was in a school bus converted to a motor home, after the rebuild, he drove the bus to Florida from Tennessee, and parked it, after it sat for a while, he decided he was never going to use the bus again, and pulled the engine and transmission (5 speed) and got rid of the bus, so that is all the miles the engine has on it. It is a complete engine, with carb, air compressor, HUGE 300 amp alternator, starter, and it has the split exhaust manifolds, so it's easy to run duals. this engine would be good for a lot of different applications. I wish I had something to put it in! 750.00 takes it!

My friend took some pics, but he has to learn how to send them to me from his phone, he just got a new phone ( he still had a flip phone,lol) and I was trying to tell him how to do it over the phone.............................so much for that! Lol. Here's a pic of one I found online though. They are actually a sleeved engine, which is cool, because from what I have heard, you can put bigger bore sleeves and pistons in them, the bigger Red Diamond engines are "parent bore" engines ( no removable sleeves) It is an awesome engine, I wish I had something to put it in! This pic is NOT my engine, just a pic I found of a 372 Red Diamond, so you can see the size of it.

Thanks

Keith

post-6848-0-93113300-1413048354.jpg

thanks for the reply. i have a 75 1800 loadstar heavy spec tandem with only 25.400 miles on the chassis .that part is like new but the eng is a 446 v8 and not worth talking about .am thinking about repowering it with a diesel or a big gasser have`nt made up my mind yet .still forward me those pics when you get em thx. charlie

• 2 years later...