Bosch P7100 help (experts needed) Advice wanted

dds92780

So i have my pump turned up 1 full turn and the aneroid spring messed with. I then went and got 1125 injectors which are 20 percent over stock. The truck runs great and pyro temps are still normal. I noticed a little issue today and i need help. It seems that as i am building up boost in lower rpms to mid in the high gears, my boost gauge is shaking a lil bit and i hear a slight miss. I called the place that sold me the injectors and told me that if its not missing at idle or anything like that, then its not injectors. Keep in mind, I still make good power and full boost but something still seems like its missing. So his conclusion was that now that im throwing more fuel at it, The governor springs may be going bad. I think he said something about there being three of them. 1 is idle, another is mid, and another is high??? Anyways, he says there is a kit by bosch that i can install and that will most likely fix the problem. What do you all think? I am tempted to just put the stock injectors back in turn the pump down a little but its alot of fun to drive now and seems to run great.

e7 350 mechanical, I am able to get 30 psi by 1300 rpm now, my turbo gets maxed out at 1600 rpm now. Could the turbo just be going bad?

Pump was rebuilt two years ago. I have videos if you would like me to post them as well.

Also, are there any places in chicago that deal with performance? This is still a work truck, but i just like to have a little fun too

And i just had injectors put in. They ran great for about 4 days and now i have that slight miss but not at idle and only in higher gears where its more noticeable. Could debri just have clogged an injector and i need to take it all out again and clean them??? I still have the stock ones and might just throw them back on but i need to be pointed in the right direction and also dont want to be stock because stock sucks :)

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I had a Superliner with that pump and I think you are havin the same trouble I had! Ok inside the top of the pump where the injector line screws into the pump, well under the nipple that the line screws to there is a washer and if those are not put in right the washer will crack! I dont remember the torque speck but you have to coat that washer with 90 wt gear oil and when you torque it down you have to use one fluid motion to click if you stop for a milla sec that washer will come back to haunt you! Ask your Mack guy about it it is a very touchie pump but when done right it is a far better on then the Ambec BULLHUSK

Ok so i think i figured out the problem. Oh and bullhusk i have the pump that doesnt have washers. There is something called a lift supply pump. It is connected to the injection pump itself. If you have a faulty one you will notice longer starts and if you change your fuel filters you will have to keep giving it some pedal till it has enough to keep it going. So the symptoms i had were that under 1400 rpm i would get the boost gauge shaking a little bit trying to build boost, i got worse in higher gears. Well, today the problem went away on its own. Yep, i don't know how but it did, Truck is a joy to drive again from even 1100 rpm. I am guessing that air got trapped in the pump??? I know there is a check valve or something like that in it. Maybe someone can explain what the lift supply pump actually does cause i would like to order a replacement one.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!