Engine Fault Fan Clutch Output

Mbmaring

I have the engine malfunction light on and I figured out hoe to check the code and it is a 4 2 code and according to the owners manual it is fan clutch output fault. What does that mean?

It is a ch 613 1999 model with a e7 400 hp

One thing I noticed to is that the AC clutch is not getting any power to engage.

Edited by Mbmaring

If this an E-TECH engine ( most 99 engines are), check fuse 41 in fuse box under hood ( on firewall,above drivers side front tire) If its good, unplug fan clutch solenoid and turn key on and you should have 12 volts at on of the 2 pin on the harness side plug.

If this an E-TECH engine ( most 99 engines are), check fuse 41 in fuse box under hood ( on firewall,above drivers side front tire) If its good, unplug fan clutch solenoid and turn key on and you should have 12 volts at on of the 2 pin on the harness side plug.

Yes it is a e-tech engine and you were right the fuse 41 was blown and I replaced it and it blew imediatly. I unpluged the fan clutch solonoid and it still blew the fuse.

I wonder how I could trace down the wiring short? could it be a sender causing the problem?

Yes it is a e-tech engine and you were right the fuse 41 was blown and I replaced it and it blew imediatly. I unpluged the fan clutch solonoid and it still blew the fuse.

I wonder how I could trace down the wiring short? could it be a sender causing the problem?

Unplug the preasure sensor on the ac condenser the green one and try another fuse

I think fuse 41 also powers something else, I think the PTO harness on top of the transmission. I have had this problem before. I'll look at the wiring diagram in the morning and let you know.

I think fuse 41 also powers something else, I think the PTO harness on top of the transmission. I have had this problem before. I'll look at the wiring diagram in the morning and let you know.

I enclosed a wiring diagram for fuse 41. We had some problems with wires rubbing and shorting to ground on to of trans. There are 2 plugs onto of trans, 1 says pto and the other is torque limit, make sure those wires are not shorted to ground.

I enclosed a wiring diagram for fuse 41. We had some problems with wires rubbing and shorting to ground on to of trans. There are 2 plugs onto of trans, 1 says pto and the other is torque limit, make sure those wires are not shorted to ground.

My pic of diagram is 2 big to put here, will try to shrink it down later and put it on here.

I'll send it in the morning when I get 2 work, its on my work pc.

Thanks! I got the diagram when it warms up a little I will trace that circut down. We are going to get a snow storm here today so I hate to start on anything. When is this winter going to end!

• 2 weeks later...
I'll send it in the morning when I get 2 work, its on my work pc.

Thanks much I go the problem fixed I noticed from the wiring diagram the fuel sender was on that circut so I unhooked it and the fuse did not blow any more