12spd maxitorque problems

rcvdairy

Hello I have a mh613 with trtxl1070b 12spd, snapped 2nd/3rd gear shift rail. split the back third of the tranny off to get broken rail out but cant figure out how to put back together with all the shift forks in place, Im thinkin theres a certain order or trick to make it work but cant get it figured out.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

That's what I did with my 6 spd. Stood it on its bellhousing. Also, Some of the forks have to be held in place with wire, coathanger while linging the fork shafts up to put back together. Good luck, hope it goes well for you

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

thanks for the replies! since my trucks a cab over I split it while in the truck so cant really stand it on bell housing. theres 2 plugs on back of tranny that look like there made to have shift rails slide out but the one for 2nd and 3rd shift rail is not big enough because the shaft tapers up to 7/8 for a few inches and whole at back of tranny is only 3/4s. 4th and 5th is easy because I can slide rail in from back while lining up the forks but ya I don't know how ur supposed to do 2nd/3rd one if I cant slide it in from back ounce I have the case already together. it was easy to take out cuase that shaft was snapped in two places so I never seen how its supposed to come out normally

it might have to go out the deep reduction end ? its been a while since I've had mine apart and I was taught you cant split the trans on the truck should be pulled out and stood up on its bell housing I have never had to force these gear boxes apart to work on them it it dosnt come apart or together easy somethings wrong well that was the way I was taught mind you I was not trained by Mack just another bloke working in his back yard I have had my 12 speed apart a couple of times and it was fairly simple

Paul