MATS 2014

rsb502

The few of us that have met there before knew who to look for, so I guess maybe a sign might be helpful for next year . The cutie from Mack tried to stump us with the question about the gold Bulldog and we all had a chuckle out of it. So she might have known more than the Mack Reps. LOL! The Crazy Canadian with me is the infamous sneakers. We call him that because his dad has been one of those Pete guys that takes his boots off and drives in a pair of slippers and he drives for the same company as his old man and does the same so we call them Slippers and Sneakers. He's looking to buy his own truck and he's been looking for an old Pete, but we,re trying to steer him in the right direction. He never saw aTitan till yesterday and he was impressed. I think that's a little too much for his starter truck. Maybe we can talk him into a nice CH or a Pinnicle.

• Like 1

Take ol Sneakers there out to a see a clean CHN or Rawhide, be an awful nice truck for a first one, the early 2000's are easy to work on, fairly reliable and of course its a Mack. I wouldnt hate him for a 359 or W900A model either though, just a lot of work to keep an old truck running for a newer trucker.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff and Todd Moore were there somewhere. Jeff was very impressed with a Rawhide he saw and sat in, now he's getting a price on one. He really liked the interior. I told him before what a good looking truck they were.

I said "that 505 hp. with an 18 speed is a fine ride" and he said "the one I looked at had the M-drive".

I'll compromise, maybe Barry can give him a better price than Roanoke on a 485hp. with a 13 speed- i'd drive that. Guess i'd drive an M- drive too if he got one, but I doubt if he'll buy anything now. The KW i'm driving now has less than 300,000 miles on it, and it's been a pretty good truck.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.