673/711/707 Torque And Horse Power Ratings

ThaddeusW

Hey guys,

I want to know the torque and horsepower for the 673 and 711 diesels as well as the 707 gasser. Turbo or non turbo I would like as much info as possible including torque/horsepower curves.

Thanks

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Also depends when

The B61 introduced the 673 Thermodyne with direct injection which replaced the old END672 LaNova injection.

I believe in 1955 the 673 was a 170, but by the end of '60s and into the ''70s it was a 180. Without a turbo, there was no way to ever go beyond that except overfueling.

Cummins always had more cubes and had up to 250 hp unturbo'd so the 711 was introduced at 211 hp. 711 was said to run with a 250 Cummins when you turned the fuel, but it would shoot a foot of flame from the stack then. But the valves ran hot and they were known to drop a lot of valves.

Bore & stroke of the 711 was 5x6 vs. 4.87x6 for the 672/3/5/6 and the E7 was 4.87x6.5 I think.

Also depends when

The B61 introduced the 673 Thermodyne with direct injection which replaced the old END672 LaNova injection.

I believe in 1955 the 673 was a 170, but by the end of '60s and into the ''70s it was a 180. Without a turbo, there was no way to ever go beyond that except overfueling.

Cummins always had more cubes and had up to 250 hp unturbo'd so the 711 was introduced at 211 hp. 711 was said to run with a 250 Cummins when you turned the fuel, but it would shoot a foot of flame from the stack then. But the valves ran hot and they were known to drop a lot of valves.

Bore & stroke of the 711 was 5x6 vs. 4.87x6 for the 672/3/5/6 and the E7 was 4.87x6.5 I think.

I believe the 673 went from 170 HP to 187 HP when they changed the intake manifold. It was changed from a straight manifold feeding six cylinders to a split manifold feeding 3 cylinders each. I am not sure if there were pump or injector changes. They then turbo charged it and it went to 205 HP.

The turbo took away the Mack exhust rap but it was a real smooth sweet sounding engine. Meyer Materials had 5 or six 6 of these at there Wheeling Illinois plant. They were twin screw B63's pulling dump trailers.

The 187 horse was changed some from the 170. Like you said it went to the P intake manifold and it got a thermostat as well. The fuel was set out alittle more and may have got a timing change but dont remember that for sure. The 187 horse had a full flow oil filter over the 500 luberfinder and a oil cooler was added. glenn

glenn akers

Good stuff guys keep it coming.

What was the highest HP rating for the 673?

Ifr i remember right the endt673 whent to 205 and then the new engine came out which was endt 673band it was a 225 hp and then the endt673c was a 250hp and that has been along time that i have worked on any of them. The new endt 673c was a better engine it had piston oil coolers and every thing else was improved and trhat was in 1966 .The same engine was used to build the maxidyne with a fuel pump change.different block crank and rods as well as heads. glenn

glenn akers