237 Bosch Injector Pump Removal

r600

can anyone tell me how to remove the injector pump off my 237 mainly timming marks and any tricks .will the pump come out before it touches the compressor?thanks adrian :unsure::unsure:

Remove all of the fuel lines first. Then remove the rear most bracket from the pump, then the three bolts that retain the pump to the engine. The pump will then slide to the rear of the truck with clearance from the compressor. You will probably need to "tilt" the pump upwards, and roll a bit at the rear but it will come out without much trouble. It is heavy so be properly braced.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Remove all of the fuel lines first. Then remove the rear most bracket from the pump, then the three bolts that retain the pump to the engine. The pump will then slide to the rear of the truck with clearance from the compressor. You will probably need to "tilt" the pump upwards, and roll a bit at the rear but it will come out without much trouble. It is heavy so be properly braced.

Rob

thanks rob,what about timming marks or is the pump on a master spline???thanks agian adrian

thanks rob,what about timming marks or is the pump on a master spline???thanks agian adrian

Do not crank of move the engine while the pump is removed. It only will go on one way and if the engine is not cranked, or turned over, timing is not an issue.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Do not crank of move the engine while the pump is removed. It only will go on one way and if the engine is not cranked, or turned over, timing is not an issue.

Rob

If it is an american bosch pump ,the pump will only go on one way it is doweled! Also (just a tip) when you install the pump back on the engine cut the new gasket from the round hole where the drive goes thru down to the top of the small drain hole below it take out aprox the hole width of the bottom up to the sides of the drive hole you should end up with a V shaped cut out if you don't they tend to biuld preasure from around the aluminum drive insert and externally leak by the gasket no matter how well you have sealed it.

Its not a bad job....just remember as Rob said to brace yourself when you lift it out because at that angle you will screw your back in a heartbeat. Watch your fingers as well..lol. The pain for me was putting it back in.....my patience isnt so great anyways :P