2011 MP7 no crank

j_martell

Argh....sitting on site, idle timer shut it down, now no crank. All relays under the dash are clicking away as they always did. All other electrical components work (radio etc). Starter wires are tight and solid other than being a bit dirty, tried tapping the starter, no luck. All fuses (that I can figure) for the starting system are ok, switched the ignition relay and still nothing....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Nope......exhausted what I could do on site with only an adjustable wrench and called the boss man, who is a former heavy truck mechanic, and he called a wrecker to come get it. Back at the shop now.....I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the reply, tho.

Pull the cover off the fuse box down by the clutch pedal. Pull out a few of the relays one at a time and check them for being wet or green corrosion. Make sure u put them back in the correct position. We had a few trucks with leaking windshields and cabs that let water in on top of the fuse box. But then again it could be a bad starter.

• Like 2

I was thinking there must be another fuse block somewhere....didn't know it was there....thanks for the info. Back at Mack now anyway, we'll see what they figure out.

post-14397-0-31744000-1392163468_thumb.j

Should have got pics of all the other trucks on the hook at the dealer when we got there. Apparently it's a bad day to be a driver and an awesome day to run a wrecker around K-W lol

• Like 1

Got it back this morning. Service manager said it was a small wire on the starter that "broke". Probably somewhere on top of the tranny where I couldn't get at to check..... What a frigging awful place to put the starter!!!!!!!