Rad 111, 35,000 Lb Maxi Conversion

Red Horse

Any ideas out there? My 61 B has an RAD 111 35,000 lb rear axle. The brake chambers are those big cans that are about 5" in dia. and about 6" long and they are on the front side of the axle. On the back side, there is a bar that connects the right and left slack adjuster. Existing parkig brake is the manual Orschlen lever connected to the drive shaft- not much for a single axle with a 46,000 lb gvw!

My question is, what would the best way be to convert this to maxi chambers?

Bob

Not sure the type of cans you have, but likely you might find that a regular 30/30 maxi will bolt up?

Wish I had a good picture of what my truck had on it originally. I was able to fit maxi's without modifications.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Not sure the type of cans you have, but likely you might find that a regular 30/30 maxi will bolt up?

Wish I had a good picture of what my truck had on it originally. I was able to fit maxi's without modifications.

F'Train,

I will try to post a picture if I can. Looks like it will not be the easiest thing given diameter of spring packs vs what is on there now.

Bob