Mack model difference?

It's the engine that;s the difference. Depending on the year made, a RD686 could have a ENDT676 Maxidyne '73 to '80 or a E6-285 or E6-300 . The RD688 would have been powered by the first tip turbine 350's then the E6-350,then the E6-300 Econodyne version. The RD690 started out with the EM6 275 and EM6 300 Maxidynes,but I;m pretty sure after the E7 engines came out,they were all called RD690;s no matter what hp of the E7 engine was in it.

It's the engine that;s the difference. Depending on the year made, a RD686 could have a ENDT676 Maxidyne '73 to '80 or a E6-285 or E6-300 . The RD688 would have been powered by the first tip turbine 350's then the E6-350,then the E6-300 Econodyne version. The RD690 started out with the EM6 275 and EM6 300 Maxidynes,but I;m pretty sure after the E7 engines came out,they were all called RD690;s no matter what hp of the E7 engine was in it.

Maybe I missed something (or misunderstand your post), but would our 88 rd 688s e6-350 econodyne be a repower then?

Tia for the response....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

No that would be right,the RD688 had both versions of the 350. Things got kinda run together in my first post, sometimes my fingers don't translate what I wanna say the best.

You and I suffer the same problem lol

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....