Pictures of the Week

other dog

That looks like what used to be "mini-skirt junction" (Pharo's Truckstop) across the street?.....................................Mark

It does! That was a good place to stop in the 80's, about the only truckstop I made it a point to stop at every time I went up 81. Good food and great scenery.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That looks like what used to be "mini-skirt junction" (Pharo's Truckstop) across the street?.....................................Mark

Geez, impressive observation.

I had only stopped there a few times, mostly at the wrong hours I guess. I seemed to get the geriatric staff and felt cheated.

Mark that was a fedex truck at exit 29(miniskirt junction) I passed that going north about 10 minutes after it happened. Driver was ok.

I musta missed this one, i'm glad the driver was ok......I've passed that truckstop plenty of times here lately going up 81. I've heard alot of people say it was a good place, too bad where stuck with the big chain truck stops now

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

It sure was Joe! they had good food,and some real doll-babies working there "back in the day"! but,like every other independent truckstop I guess they couldn't compete with the "big three"..........I never really heard any story as to why they closed,place was always busy whenever I was there!..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It sure was Joe! they had good food,and some real doll-babies working there "back in the day"! but,like every other independent truckstop I guess they couldn't compete with the "big three"..........I never really heard any story as to why they closed,place was always busy whenever I was there!..............................Mark

They had lots of pictures on the wall there of NASCAR drivers that stopped there and country music people too. I heard the original owner sold it, but I don't know why. He might have just retired and didn't have any family to take it over, I don't know. It was open for several years after it was sold but it went steadily downhill the whole time until it just closed altogether.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.