Hi Guys - we've recently purchased a restored 1951 Mack LTL running a 1090 Hall-Scott and would love to gather some more information on these trucks... we're in the motions of importing it back to Australia and as such, have not had a chance to really appreciate it yet. I'm finding it extremely difficult to find any complete details on the infamous engine or truck and would love it if someone could point me in the right direction or email anything through... don't be afraid to send through large pictures or spec sheets on anything you might have - it would be appreciated immensely. Also, just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many of these trucks were made (with the HS engine)?

Cheers,

I suggest you check with The Mack Trucks Historical Museum, you supply the serial number and they will send you a packet of information including the build sheet (if available) and can probably answer any other questions. They do all of this for Mack and Brockway enthusiasts. It is suggested that a donation is given for the packet. This is an extremely valuable resource we have for our Bulldogs and Huskies, I would hate to see it go away, besides being former Mack employees that are a wealth of knowledge and are just plain great people!

Doug

I wondered what was going on with the H-S LTL.

The Mack Trucks Historical Museum

Don Schumaker, Curator

997 Postal Road

Allentown, PA 18103

Telephone: 610-266-6767

Fax: 610-266-6823

Hours:

10:00 a.m. To 4:00 p.m.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Cheers Doug - I will definitely contact the museum and see what information they have - strangely enough, I actually drove past Allentown, PA a little over a month ago with no idea I'd be chasing this info now from Australia... not to worry, I'm sure we'll dig something up on it :-)

The Hall Scott engine was used on large GPM fire trucks through the 1940-1950 timeframe. Harvey Eckart has written several Books on the Mack Fire trucks and you can find some information on the engines in his L model or B model books. I don't know if the Mack Museum has specific info on how many trucks had a HS engine.

Firemack

Is it this truck? If so, very nice truck!

No - although I certainly wouldn't complain if it was :-) Unfortunately I don't have any decent pictures of ours but it has appeared in various publications from what we're told... it is a red/burgundy color with twin stacks and prominent air horns...