Hendrickson Composolite SCT20 vrs. Watson Chalin Pusher

leegsr52

That crossed my mind superdog, when I read the brake specs. Unless it was a typo on the spec sheet. I'm meeting with the salesman tomorrow to try and finalize this truck. I'll inquire about the brake size, because I couldn't see how you could have a longer shoe. At least from my recollection from all the brake jobs I've done over the years. I'll let you know what I find out.

7" is standard, 8.6 is optional on most axles, I don't know about the 58's

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ahh, 18" would give you more surface area, cost double to change too. I always thought 16.5x7 was std for Mack 34k+ rears since all of them I've had were 7's (upto44k)but I can't get a direct answer now.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ahh, 18" would give you more surface area, cost double to change too. I always thought 16.5x7 was std for Mack 34k+ rears since all of them I've had were 7's (upto44k)but I can't get a direct answer now.

About 250 a wheel with a brake kit and good core exchange,if you cant give them back a good core the shoes are 250 one shoe.

"Holy friction material batman" I get a kit with shoes, springs and rollers for $80

• Like 1

We run 74000+ on 4 axles( 3 when you lift the tag early to roll thru an intersection) I know what you mean, had a few, oh shit moments trying to stop over the years. Most if the triaxles round here have 16x7's but those with 16x8.6's stop a whole lit better.

We run 74000+ on 4 axles( 3 when you lift the tag early to roll thru an intersection) I know what you mean, had a few, oh shit moments trying to stop over the years. Most if the triaxles round here have 16x7's but those with 16x8.6's stop a whole lit better.

All the tri axles I 've ever drove Ryan never stopped that great. We run 80,000 in NJ. I run the red head shoes on my International. The guys use to do the same with cast shoes for the 58's keep their own sets and get them relined themselves with extra hard shoes.

Hey superdog. What size rears were those 8.6" brakes on? Salesman is telling me the 7" are biggest you can get unless you go to 58's!?

44's, of course this is on Mack, Mack trucks not Volvo Mack trucks, its just a wider shoe and drum, hell you could probably do it yourself at the parts place, I cant remember for sure cause its been a while but it seems like the p/n was 4709 for the 16.5 x 7 extended service and was 4726 for the extended service 16.5 x 8.6 shoes.

Bam! http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Brake-Shoe-Kits-Gripper-New-4726-ES2-ES-2nd-Gen-Haldex-GG-Eaton-Drive-Trailer-Axle-Extended-Service-2nd-Gen-23K-High-Performance-Premium-Haldex/_/R-MBIGG4726ES2J_0006570129

I didn't know they made 16.5 x 7 and 16.5 x 8.6 until I started working on school buses, most contractors here had Blue Bird All American 90 passenger buses with the 8.6 brakes but every now and then you would get a plain jane bus in that had the 7's. I didn't start working on trucks for 5 or 6 years after I started on buses, learned a lot about Cummins C series engines, Allison MT643 and 3000 series transmission maintenance and brake jobs, oh and wiring, good god all the white or yellow wires!