1990 rd690s hubs

kthelton

measure the stud size on the axle cap, measure from the top outside of the hub to the first bearing race.

doing my second conversion next week. $150 per hub with studs and nuts and a good drum is fair. Buying all the studs and nuts and drums...after the fact is very expensive..so keep a good eye on what u are getting from the salvage yard or it will cost u when u assemble.

Also factor in new rimsX 8. Good used aluminums- $150 each.

$2000 for a conversion on two axles is getting by cheaply once u figure in the 4 new seals.

measure the stud size on the axle cap, measure from the top outside of the hub to the first bearing race.

doing my second conversion next week. $150 per hub with studs and nuts and a good drum is fair. Buying all the studs and nuts and drums...after the fact is very expensive..so keep a good eye on what u are getting from the salvage yard or it will cost u when u assemble.

Also factor in new rimsX 8. Good used aluminums- $150 each.

$2000 for a conversion on two axles is getting by cheaply once u figure in the 4 new seals.

I must be big dummy tonight I don't understand your explanation on what you are measuring, pictures or describe it better please, if you are converting from spoke to budd style why would you measure the stud size? I thought you would measure the spindle and where the hub races would ride.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I got 4 budd hubs off my 2000 rd, the rears were 44000 pound rating, I changed the ass end to 38000 pounders, I have 4 axles also, my housings are cracked and my rears are tired, hubs are good though, I don't have the drums cause I reused them, call me if you are interested, 914 474-7383, my name is Dominick.