Generators

mike69mackman

Basically the only reason to run a generator for an RV is to have air conditioning. Other than that one 12v battery in proper operating condition will run the water pump and lights for at least two to three days if you are prudent with their use. If and when the battery discharges hook up the tow vehicle and re-charge it.

If you want A/C you will need two 2K Hondas that can be hooked together to produce 4K so it will handle the starting load. If you use a larger unit the noise will be intrusive unless you go to a dedicated RV generator mounted in a properly insulated box. My experience has been that the Hondas work great, are extremely quiet, but the cost of fuel to run them overnight exceeds most campground fees.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Before you go try a dry run in the driveway at home or at one of the wonderful state parks you have in PA. As long as the RV battery is in good shape I think you will find that you already have everything you need to enjoy yourself at the show.

I assume you have it winterized already, but there will be plenty of time to try it out next spring before the show.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Yeah she's winterized. Oh you mean my camper, yes it is. Sorry I thought you were talking about my mother in law. Don't tell her I said that :)

From what everybody tells me Mother In Laws are about 40 below already how do you winterize one? IV of antifreeze while shes asleep? :whistling:

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can say ive got one of the lil $99 HF generators and if your wanting to keep your batt. Charged id keep one if them and a small batt charger. You can hear them running but there not very loud. Im very happy with mine. And ya HF stuff either breaks the first time out or lasts forever. And if you spend the extra $20 some odd bucks for the extra 2 year warranty, if it dies take it back and you get a brand new one no questions asked