2013 CHU613 Mack truck repairs

I work in a shop and we have about 20 of these trucks and we've had to send several to the dealership to get worked on. Supposably you have to change out the entire cluster and get it reprogrammed to the truck for the truck won't start. This takes a lot of time and I was wondering if there is a quicker way that I can do it in my own shop

If the gauge is part of the main cluster and is not operating then the cluster needs to be replaced. The new cluster needs to be programmed to the chassis. I wish there was an easier way, but, there is not. Before each cluster is programmed, we contact Mack so they can set up the software on the mainframe. Once the instrument cluster is programmed we have to program the odometer for correct mileage then program the date/time. All this is dealer only.

• 3 weeks later...

so now i have a new problem. Our mack trucks our starting to have a SCR derate mode, and showing a high Nox code. i clear all the codes then shut it off completely and then turn the key back on and it starts the derate all over again. seen a few other ppl say to just replace the filter and sensor and that should fix my problem. wanna get a little more feedback before i spend the money. also we are an oilfield company and these truck are going to a location that has spilled some kind of oxidizer all the ground. the trucks went on the location before the clean up. could this chemical have cause something to start missreading like a sensor?

ok so an update... installed a new nox sensor and def filter. and we are using mack certified def fluid. still trhowing the nox and scr code. truck is going to the dealership. i hate it when i cant fix it or at least learn what caused it. but if i find out when it gets back ill post it on the forum. thanks for the info staxx and farmer.