ANOTHER ELECTRICAL QUESTION

Negative comes from voltage regualtor and goes to light switch, postive goes to terminal black on firewall and eventually back to battery cable...you are measureing everything coming and going to the battery

OK, POS SIDE OF GAGE GOES TO RELAY/BATTERY. NEG SIDE OF GAGE ONE WIRE TO VOLT REG TERM-BAT. AND OTHER ONE ON THERE TO LIGHT SW. RIGHT??

That's right...you know there is a B-61 wiring diagram on this site in the wiki...very helpful...

Les,....dont know if you'll see this today, but, yes I have blown up copies of two diagrams that I used to rewire and make whole new "harness". Problem is that I don't really know electric theory, so some things I just dont understand. I wired it the way you said, and ammeter and fuel gage dont work. Had a friend helping me and we installed a master cutoff switch, which shorted out when the connector on one cable hit the body of switch. (this was last week) lights work, heater works. Is it possible the two electric gages were burnt out by that short?? I fired her up today and polarized the volt reg/generator. how /where do I test it to see if its puttin out?? thanks, Rusty

• 4 weeks later...