Air issues

I have an 85 rd688 that had a 300 in it engine was removed by someone else an no lines were marked i installed a 350 from a superliner got all hooked up an runnin but the jake doesnt work and air lines to gov cant figure out it runs about 170 psi when i switch air lines around it runs about 140psi but when you relesse parking brake air leaks out end of gov any help with what airline goes from gov to were ever would be great. The old engine had a dynotard new one has jake is there diff wiring for jake

does it have a air dryer? how many lines to air governer ? you should never get to 170 psi safety valves on air tanks should pop at150 psi. the jake should work if memory serves . check to see if micro switch adjustment on fuel pump and clutch pedal are in adjustment and fuctional. is the eng. properly grounded?

Yes it has air dryer. Further diggin i found bad pop off valves on air tanks. The air gov has 3 fittings on it and i have six air lines on truck all in that area and they all reach gov nicely. The jake has me stumped the switch on the pump has two wires one was grounded an one not connected at all i have a wire that runs from head to head and one just hanging i have a wire from cab that has power only when jake switch is on and clutch out (push clutch loses power) i hooked that wire to switch on throtal and ungrounded the other wire and ran it too heads power in heads at idle open throtal no power jake still not working now as soon as u turn jake switch on the bat. Gauge goes nuts as well as me. Lol

think you will have to pull valve covers and check internal jake wire, also check spade connector where it goes through the jake housing, make sure its not shorted to ground. then check wire to solenoid. with covers off you could test jake with a jumper wire. now for the air, plumb shop air into your wet tank and remove lines from air gov. you should find a 1/4 in line whistling air at you it should go to the res. port on the gov. cant say for certain but I believe its the unloader port you want for the 1/4 line to the dryer.the other 4 lines I don't know for sure. with out more info need to know where they come from or go to

Was the jake working on the engine before the install? You should be able to find a jake wiring diagram on there web site follow the trouble shooting guide. http://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/parts-service-support/technician-guides/

I am with gearhead204 on the air lines, really hard to tell you were they go with out you tracing them back, some may just be extra, I found two line on my truck that went no where when I was tracing one back to see if it was for a air slide, ended up jut running new line and taking the others out.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."