Import From Canada

I found a CL713 for my family's farm in Canada. Anyone here ever import a truck from canada to the USA? I was told by the person selling all we need is the invoice and title in hand to cross the border... We did a little deeper checking and have been advised several different ways on how to get the truck across the border. Most of them involved a customs broker, one lady even told me that we could not even drive it across the border!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

It's a CL713 1994 model e-9 500 18speed, 46000 hendrickson spring suspension.

i use to import some from US... must be similar.. you need a bill of sale, clear title, paper from a Mack dealer that clearly shows no factory recalls or if there's some they're ok now... where you're gonna cross border? need to find a broker at this place we're you ship all your paper, they get them stamp for you then 72 hours after that you can show up at the border with your truck to get your paperwork done there.. you pay taxes fees and fees then you're ok! that's the way it is from Us to Canada.. some things are different for truck, but my last import was my 2001 Ram (2 months ago) email me for other info

fullfuel01@hotmail.com

Be advised, unless something has changed in the past few years, if this is a life long Canada truck, the FET (Federal Excise Tax) will have to be paid on it when it enters the U.S. I believe that the tax is based on new purchase price not current value. Barry might be able to talk to one of his salesman to confirm or dispell this. Back in the late '90's, when I was selling Macks, there was a lot of concern about the purchase of trucks in Canada then imported to the U.S. because of the weak Canadian dollar vs the U.S. dollar.