Heads Up! R715s Wrecker With 864 Twin Turbo!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...45079%26fvi%3D1

This R715 just hit ebay and has the twin turbo 864 V8 which even has large image sizes so you can see the 864TT up close. I know I will be saving all those photos! And its close to me but I doubt I could come up with that kind of money. Too bad because I could drive it home.

Curious thing is the Turbos are piped in parallel for the intake instead of staged. Each of the two exhaust manifolds drives a turbo that both compres air into the intake manifold. Each turbo can have its own stack which should make for some seriously sweet music. Never seen an 864TT before. It has 9 days to go and already is at a 5500 bid. This is going to be interesting to watch.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...45079%26fvi%3D1

This R715 just hit ebay and has the twin turbo 864 V8 which even has large image sizes so you can see the 864TT up close. I know I will be saving all those photos! And its close to me but I doubt I could come up with that kind of money. Too bad because I could drive it home.

Curious thing is the Turbos are piped in parallel for the intake instead of staged. Each of the two exhaust manifolds drives a turbo that both compres air into the intake manifold. Each turbo can have its own stack which should make for some seriously sweet music. Never seen an 864TT before. It has 9 days to go and already is at a 5500 bid. This is going to be interesting to watch.

That looks like a beauty mate. It looks like its in great nick. i just wondered about the model, shouldnt it be an R719? He says in one description that its an R715 and then in another that its an R713. If it was a 719 chassis it would be a hell of a collectors item. Thanks for pointing it out mate, I'll be saving the photos too. Cheers, skip. :mack1:

Great looking truck...just be warned that parts for the 864 are getting scarce! (865/866 also for that matter)

That's one of the reasons I quit looking at the '66 I found it had a 864 v-8. Might have run alright, but my pockets don't run deep enough for a rebuild on that motor " if you can find the parts", or a repower. Nice looking truck though, appears to be pretty solid.

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy