Whats It Worth?

hey everyone,I haven't been on this site in a while,and to be honest I have been working on some other projects and not really chasing truck parts,but anyway I ran across this truck the other day and I was wandering if you all could give me some input on what its worth:the truck is a B61 and is as solid as the pictures show with some rust in the door jambs,its all original drivetrain from the best I can tell,not sure what size engine it is but its non turbo,been sitting inside for around 12 years and does run.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks alot,

Van

here is the link:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/hurstL78/mack/

That looks like a pretty nice old truck.

I paid $2,000.00 for a single axle in similar body condition and non-running.

Also had the original 673 diesel and transmission.

My guess is that the tandem is not worth a lot more to a restorer. Unless someone is really going to use it,

it just adds weight, brakes and tires to the project. And it eats into what limited power is available.

If you don't want the truck, would you mind sharing the location and contact info with

everyone here?

Hate to see a nice one like this go to waste, or worse, go for scrap and get sent to China.

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

hey everyone,I haven't been on this site in a while,and to be honest I have been working on some other projects and not really chasing truck parts,but anyway I ran across this truck the other day and I was wandering if you all could give me some input on what its worth:the truck is a B61 and is as solid as the pictures show with some rust in the door jambs,its all original drivetrain from the best I can tell,not sure what size engine it is but its non turbo,been sitting inside for around 12 years and does run.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks alot,

Van

here is the link:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/hurstL78/mack/

Van; Just from the pictures, and if it does in fact run, it should bring $2,500.00 To $3,000.00 most anywhere. I agree that the tandem does not have that much appeal to those of us who are interested in a "play truck" rather than a work truck. But that is a somple matter to change. Gus

thanks for all the input,I really like the looks of the tandem axle better than the single,and this is a very solid truck,but its some 250 miles from me and and if I can get it moved for fairly reasonable I'll probably get it.

If I don't get it I'll post up the guys number and location

thanks,

Van

• 1 month later...

I bought the truck about a month ago,but only got to go get it this weekend,I stuck some batteries in it and new fuel and it fired up,I drove it around the farm alittle bit then put it in the the garage,now to service and clean it up,hopefilly I'll have it going by spring.

Van

here are a couple more pics:

post-518-1202268309_thumb.jpg

post-518-1202268263_thumb.jpg

thanks for the compliments,I was very glad to get it home,but after the 600 mile round trip in the back seat of an extended cab truck I don't know what was better,having my new toy home or getting to finally stretch my legs out for longer than a ten minute fuel stop,

I was sure glad to hear it run knowing that I had just bought a truck based on a strangers word that it did run.I have some other projects going on at the time so I'll probably just drive the truck around for at least the summer and then maybe by next fall I'll have the garage space to tear into it,it takes up a little more space than the cars that I'm used to working on :D Guess I'm going to have to add on to my garage :thumb:

Van

Edited by hurstL78