R Mack light problem

turn signals work until you turn headlights on. If you just turn clearance lights on the singals will work, it's just when you turn the headlights on it will make the signals quit. What could be causing this? thanks

What I've found is the volt gauge wasn't reading anything, when i put a charger on the batteries it still didn't register any volts, but i tapped on the gauge and volts showed 13 to 14 then my signals worked with the lights on. The batteries are pretty much dead. Always have trouble with these six volts going dead. How hard to go to 12 volt system?

Its very simple to make it 12 volt. Take out the six volt batteries and put tin 12 volt except do not jump the batteries like you do 6 volt. With 6 volt you have to connect a + to a - to make 12 but with 12 volt batteries just put a jumper from the + to + and - to - so they are connected.

Matt

The system is 12 volt, they used two 6 volt connected in series to make 12 volt, (4) 6volt batteries 2 battery each side. I have two 12 volt series 31 on each side. I may one day if it wont crank in the winter add two more battery's. If you put 12 volt batteries in it make sure to mark the positive and negative on each side. Mine were unmarked and it was a pain to trace.

When you hook up the 2 new 12 volt battery's use the marked leads that go to the starter as if they were 6volt., That will make you 12 volts parallel to the starter. If you use (4) 12 volt battery's make sure when you tie the 2 battery together on each side it is positive to positive and negative to negative

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

So right now a negative from each side goes to the solenoid, and the positives from each side goes top the starter. If i put 12 volt batteries in, I'll connect the positives together and go to starter? And negatives together and go to solenoid?

Wow, that sounds like a pain to get right, you need to swap to negative ground, so change all the guages, and engine wiring wires to the other post, the lights dont care. Then you would need to swap your batteries to two 12v 31s950's should start fine after that, I would add a battery disconnect switch just because if it were me then they wont be able to pull down in storage as quickly.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"