"85" grill tag for L model fire truck

Loadstar

Thanks for the reply..........looking for an original...... Found one on a truck in Texas....fire truck turned into flatbed....but he wouldn't sell just the tag. I saw your truck at macungie.......WOW!!! I looked through the whole book on the restoration. You guys did a great job on her!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Start hitting the flea markets like Hershey and the Spring Melt. Of all of the ones to look for this is the most common.

Give us a price range you are willing to go and we'll keep our eye out for you.

If all else fails take the one you got from Cal to an engraver and have an accurate replica made. That might turn out to be cheaper. If Cal's is not close enough do a rubbing of a real one and an engraver can work from that.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Start hitting the flea markets like Hershey and the Spring Melt. Of all of the ones to look for this is the most common.

Give us a price range you are willing to go and we'll keep our eye out for you.

If all else fails take the one you got from Cal to an engraver and have an accurate replica made. That might turn out to be cheaper. If Cal's is not close enough do a rubbing of a real one and an engraver can work from that.

Thanks Carl, The one I bought was fine until the sun got to it on my dash at Macungie. Thats when i decided to find the real deal or leave it the way it is . As far as price I would certainly pay more than i should.....The tag is pretty much all the truck i have is missing (except for equipment).