Anti - Zap Tool.

A while back there was some discussion on the board about disconnecting batteries when welding on trucks or equipment with electronically controlled engines.

At the shop where I work we have this:

Trico01011.jpg

It's called an "Anti Zap", you just connect it to one of the batteries (no need to unhook the battery cables) and it supposedly absorbs any stray voltage or power surges.

There's a green LED indicator on it to assure that it has a good connection and the system is protected.

It's made in Australia, the one we have is for 12V use.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Cool...looks like a handy tool!

I have also seen the tool that plugs into the cig lighter to keep your computer and radio from reseting...it has a 9 volt battery connected to it.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

A while back there was some discussion on the board about disconnecting batteries when welding on trucks or equipment with electronically controlled engines.

At the shop where I work we have this:

Trico01011.jpg

It's called an "Anti Zap", you just connect it to one of the batteries (no need to unhook the battery cables) and it supposedly absorbs any stray voltage or power surges.

There's a green LED indicator on it to assure that it has a good connection and the system is protected.

It's made in Australia, the one we have is for 12V use.

I did not know someone was commercially producing these items.

I built mine from a very large capacitor, (30 microfarad, 5000wvdc) and it works great. I've had it a lot of years but only use it when the batteries are "buried" such as in a Chrysler product.

The 9 volt cell memory savers work well also for their intended purpose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.