Looking to buy a 02-04 MACK GRANITE CV713 DUMP TRUCK will 300 hp be enough?

Just reflash the ecm no other work needed to get another 50-100 HP check out Illinois dyno center and there are a few others. Mack can reflash an ecm to whatever rating you want after warranty is out you just have to know who to talk to and what to ask for.

Really! So you wouldn't replace the Turbo? Would you take the tri axel thats 15k more thats already 400 or would you take the quad at 300 and turn her up

There was a truck in ky I looked at that was an AI400 engine, he had the ecm recalibrated, addded a bigger Borg Warner turbo and changed his exhaust that rear wheeled 496hp so figure almost 600 flywheel.

I'm kind og new to trems! are you saying add another 600 for a flywheel? Also bith of the trucks i'm looking at have the Allison tranny in it! Will this effect anything?

In your area I would buy the quad, more payload = more money. I think the quad would return more on your investment faster and be more versatile in a market where payload is key. You can make more power with an ecm flash for not a lot of money.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 7 years later...

I have a 04 Granite, AI300, allison 4500 with 4.64 gears, 17 yard dump. Working in the plants they will load her to 60-65k with 610 limestone, and other than the “AI lag” that we may have cured this weekend, the 300 handles it fine, even up the ramps. When tagging my excavator im at 82k, and the 300 could use a little more muscle, but gets it done. We changed turbo and injectors this weekend, we will see next week how she does.