2000 e-tech 400 h.p. in a rd. Truck occasionally sputters and will smoke white and then stall. Usually starts back up and will run fine and then do it again. I'm thinking the fuel suction line may be collapsing, or the pickup tube in the tank is cracked? The fuel filters are new, no lights on yet. Anyone suffering any of these things also all sensors are new and all grounds and connections have been cleaned and checked.

Sounds like a fuel issue other than the smoke that makes me think electrical have you checked the connectors on the ecm and looked the harness over for burned or rubbed spots.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Wasn't done, you mention connections cleaned just cleaning may not turn up a loose pin in a connector pull the wire loom back and look for signs of a hot wire on the back side of the plugs. Staxx probably has some good ideas where to start on this one too.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

ETECH is a unit pump engine with a common fuel raila dn a lift pump not a std fuel injection pump and lines but the econovance does cause issues in earlier E7 engines.

Well i checked the harness and pins, they were both good, removed flywheel sensor, i checked the teeth for any clutch and grease debris, all,clean, ended up replacing the sensor. Truck ran and didn't stall now just a sputter, here and there. I also replaced all of the batteries and one jumper. I think i have a unit pump acting up, i replaced 3 out of 6 over the last 3 months, the last one 2 weeks ago.

Sounds like fuel psi issue to me , unit pumps do fail are the steel covers over the unit pumps ? The unit pumps do not like heat. Supplypump could be a issue the gear is bad about slipping on the shaft causing low fuel psi and the return check valve can get hung with debris sometimes. And of course keep it simple check the fuel tanks for debris fuel cap chains rags plastic bags , found the whole end of a fuel dispense nozzle in bottom of tank once.

The gear on the pump slipping or a suction line restriction would explain the issue.

Also check this as well, remove the black metal kick panel in front of the passenger seat. On the back of the kick plate will be the ABS ECM and the vehicle ECM. Make sure the vehicle ECM is facing down ( connectors facing down). If not unplug the 3 connectors and check for rotting/green pins. Also check the wiring harness for rubbing on the kick panel. We had alot of RD ETECH's with the ECM's facing up and full of water.